The paintings on display feature in the 2019 Waterside Group Calendar which is now available from the Herald office in Hythe, £6.00
Welcome to Waterside Art Group
Welcome to the Waterside Art Group website. We are based in Hythe, Hamphire, UK. Hythe is located on the edge of the picturesque New Forest National Park and the Solent Estuary and only a few miles from the City of Southampton.
The Waterside Art Group ( often shortened to WAG ) is a diverse gathering of local artists who appreciate the opportunity to meet together to paint and draw and to share and learn skills and knowledge.
We take our brushes, paints, pastels and pencils to the group evenings on Tuesday nights and actually do our art in a convivial, supportive environment. This feature of the group appeals greatly to members and potential members and distinguishes it from many other groups.
There is therefore a community, social and even therapeutic dividend in being a member of the Waterside Art Group.
The main things we do:
See Programme for the full Waterside Art Group annual programme, demonstration & event details
- WAG meets on most Tuesday evenings to paint, draw and socialise at Hythe and Dibden Community Centre, Hythe, Hampshire, between 7.30 pm and 9.30 pm. We break for refreshments at about 8.30 pm. See the sidebar ‘How to Find Us’ for the full address of Hythe and Dibden Community Centre or click [ MAP ].
- Potential new members are always welcome to come along ‘to try us out’ before joining. It is a good idea to check our weekly programme to make sure we are meeting.
- Eight demonstrations by professional artists are arranged periodically throughout the year. Visitors are warmly welcomed to these evenings. There is a non-member admission fee of £4.00 towards the cost of the demonstrator. Admission is £2.50 for WAG members.
- In addition occasional Workshops are also held.
- Sometimes the WAG group paints en plein air.
- An annual art exhibition is held at Hythe and Dibden Community Centre during August. WAG also takes part in other local and regional exhibitions.
- Occasional social activities and also visits to places of interest are arranged.
How to find us – [ MAP ]